3745 North Southport Avenue, Chicago, IL 60613
Need help? Call us at (773)-325-1700
- From Lake Shore Drive exit onto Irving Park Road, drive one mile west, turn left onto Southport Avenue. The Mercury is 2.5 blocks south of Irving Park Road.
- From I-90/94 exit onto Irving Park Road drive east approximately three miles, turn right onto Southport Avenue. The Mercury is 2.5 blocks south of Irving Park Road.
Chicago’s public transit system provides several options to get you to the theater. Please check transitchicago.com for schedules and route changes. You can also map your route with accurate train and bus times with Google Transit.
- Brown Line “L” Train: exit at the Southport stop, walk four blocks north.
- Red Line “L” Train: exit at the Addison stop, walk five blocks west to Southport, turn right onto Southport Avenue, walk two blocks north.
- #22 Clark Bus: exit at the Grace stop, walk three blocks west to Southport, turn left onto Southport Avenue, walk a half block south.
- #9 Ashland Bus: exit at the Grace stop, walk three blocks east to Southport, turn right onto Southport Avenue, walk a half block north.
- #80 Irving Park Bus: exit at the Southport stop, walk two blocks south.
- #152 Addison Bus: exit at the Southport stop, walk two blocks north. The 152 is usually not running after an evening show on Saturday. Please check transit schedules at transitchicago.com
Parking can be difficult around the Mercury, as it is in most popular neighborhoods. Please allow extra time when arriving by car, and consider public transportation. Pay lots and Valet are always the recommended option.
The Mercury Theater does not provide parking lots or parking services, and will not guarantee the following information and cannot held liable for damage to persons or property. Tickets will not be refunded for late patrons due to parking issues.
- Lot Parking is available via a public pay lot at Blaine School, ½ block north of the theater for $14 (credit card or exact change). The lot can fill up fast on the weekends, so plan to arrive early. Patrons should remove their cars by 2am. The price of the lot goes up during cubs games.
- Valet Parking is provided at the entrance to the theater for a fee of $14 for all performances except Wednesday matinees. Please be patient when receiving your vehicle at the end of the evening, as the attendants may have to park your car in a remote lot. Valet ends after the last show of the day. If you would like to stay in the neighborhood longer, see the attendant for your keys and you can pick your car up from the lot. The Valet service is operated by BLK & WHT Valet.
- Street Parking near the Mercury is limited. Southport is a metered parking street. Meters run from 9am – 9pm Monday through Saturday and 10am – 8pm on Sunday. Metered spots fill up fast. The meters are actually pay boxes that accept credit cards, and allow you to pay for up to 3 hours at a time. Residential streets are available for parking before 6pm (after 6pm most streets are permit parking only). Free street parking is available on and west of Ashland Ave (three blocks west of the theater) and north of Irving Park Road. Some of these streets have special parking limitations during Cubs night games starting at 5pm. There are many loading zones and no parking zones on all Chicago streets. Please pay close attention to posted signs, and any temporary signs that may be attached to signposts or trees.